Why coaches hate on each other?

Hello coaches and anyone who is bored and reads this! This is Coach Steve starting a new blog to post anything that has to do with football, and maybe other sports, but mostly football! I am new at this so please bare with me, I hope that these will get better as I go along! Just a way to write down some thoughts or ideas I have!

I may also may get back to the YouTube channel to talk about football and show what offensive systems (Or lack of systems) that I have been apart of. Or talk about defense just a little bit since I did have to call a 3-4 defense as well.

Please if you have any thoughts or suggestions for me for this blog site just let me know! I can handle people trying to help me out, but not to put me down.

First off, I want to thank all coaches that I have talked to that try and help me with my coaching career! From letting me talk to you on the phone or texting to get different information, or letting me come watch your practices. I also want to thank those coaches that I have never met in person, but use twitter and other social sites to help coaches out, not just helping younger coaches but all coaches! From the past 2 years I have learned more in the offseasons that the actually seasons I was apart of!

Now to a topic that I think about and see a lot of on social media, and that is why do come coaches just hate other coaches offense or defense? I believe that if you have an actual system, lets just say you are an air raid coach and that's your system, then what is wrong with that? If you are an offensive coordinator, you need to be fired up about your offense and the system you have. If you come to practice everyday or film every day fired up and bought into your system, its going to rub off on your players and they will be just as excited as you.

This also helps you know that playbook like the back of your hand. So eventually calling plays will just become second nature to you. Now you will have to make tweaks and adjustments week to week, but for the most part you will just know it all.

If you are a wing T guy, and that's the offense that you love, and that you are really excited about and bought into, what is wrong with that? If you are a I formation pro style offense, and you love it, what is wrong with that? Or you run the veer, what is wrong with that?

I love all offensive systems, because we all can take different things from those offenses and use them for ours. For example, if you are a spread/air raid system, and you want to add a run play in to help your team the best places to look might be the wing T or pro style offense. Why you ask? Because most of the time they are going to run the ball and will have more running plays and blocking schemes than you do. This way if you want to add the buck sweep, you can see how it is done and use it in your offense.

If you are a wing T, Pro style or just and under center team, and you get a quarterback that can just throw the ball well, you might need to pass it more than 10 times a game. Well since all you know is running the ball more than passing, wouldn't you go look at a spread/air raid team and see their concepts? See how their plays work together and what the quarterback is reading to help you out and incorporate that in your offense some how?

I can continue to go on and on, but I see some coaches say, "well the air raid isn't a good offense, its just seven on seven and its weak". Or I also see, "Well you under center guys wont be able to win games or come from behind because you cannot pass the ball and you are not using the whole field like an idiot".

Now, I see some coaches just poke fun at each other and that's fine. We need to be able to joke around and have fun. But, when coaches try to make things personal by saying this offense is stupid or this would never work or well coach you are dumb for running this offense, what does that prove? What does that accomplish? I never understood it. You don't see a ton of it on social media, but its one of those things that when you do see it, you want to read the whole thing and it shocks me. We need to be able to help each other. I know there are some coaches that we don't want to help, I have a couple of those on my list, but I don't mind helping another coach out with plays or drills. Or just different terminology.

I respect each coach and their systems if its one that they are bought into and is an actual system. I have been apart of an offense that is just a bunch of plays put into an offense. That will never work and is just a headache. But if one coach wants to be a wing t guy, let them. Don't put down their ideas or what they are really bought into. Then on the flip side, don't put down an air raid coach because that's something they are bought into and love to run.

To me, all offenses are great and really fun to learn and research. We just need to help each other out and not put each others systems down if that's what they want to run. Its fine to poke fun every so often but lets now base someone or an offense just because its not what we run. We see teams with state titles or national championships with different offenses. It just comes down to execution.


Comments